Really - in Ras al Kaimah (an Emirate north of here) it was 1C (that's 34F).
Here, not so cold. But it is raining. Has rained (sprinkled really) off and on for the past couple of days. That coupled with cool blustry winds coming off the gulf makes for some cool days (around 10C or 50s in the mornings). I know, I know - for many of you these sound like mighty pleasant days. Believe me. I'm NOT complaining!
Funny to see folks bundled in parkas, snow boots, wool sweaters, and scarfs. I will admit that I did use my shawl today (I like to keep my neck warm). But a parka?
Winter is the rainy season - last year they were flooded with seven days of hard rain. Most neighborhoods have no storm sewers, so lots of rain causes lots of problems. Also, it's a good time to discover that the builders didn't caulk your windows. Rain lashing against the side of the house has a tendency to flood into the living room (or so I've been told). Russell's pretty certain many of our windows aren't caulked - seems to sense a breeze coming through on a breezy day. Guess we may soon find out.
Kathie said...
Yes it's Winter here too, or wait is it April? On Jan. 7th we had a rare storm, January tornadoes in southeast WI, 30 homes destroyed Kenosha Co., tree's uprooted, some damage at the IL/WI border. The last time a tornado touched down in WI in Jan. was Jan. 24, 1967. In my area of the city we had rain and thunder, but you could see the dark southeast sky. We smashed a old record high by 16 degrees, it was 63 degrees on Monday. Its never been above 60 in WI in Jan. until this week.The tornado has been catorgorized as an F3 packing winds of 140-150 mph.The snow is all gone, it looks like Jan. here
Russell and I saw news reports about the tornados when we were surfing the net a couple nights ago. We had pulled up some of the traffic cams to see how much snow was left and saw that it has all melted. Looked pretty brown and dreary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes it's Winter here too, or wait is it April? On Jan. 7th we had a rare storm, January tornadoes in southeast WI, 30 homes destroyed Kenosha Co., tree's uprooted, some damage at the IL/WI border. The last time a tornado touched down in WI in Jan. was Jan. 24, 1967. In my area of the city we had rain and thunder, but you could see the dark southeast sky. We smashed a old record high by 16 degrees, it was 63 degrees on Monday. Its never been above 60 in WI in Jan. until this week.
The tornado has been catorgorized as an F3 packing winds of 140-150 mph.
The snow is all gone, it looks like Jan. here
Post a Comment