1. It used to be socially acceptable to decline giving someone a piece of gum "because it's Bubble Yum".
2. You were allowed to leave your school grounds during the lunch hour.
3. Girls and boys were separated for PE. I even had deportment classes, but I won't ask how many of you had that. I think my school was a little old-school in that regard.
4. You used to spend hours with your curling iron to get the feathering to meet perfectly in the back of your head.
5. Love's Baby Soft perfume was the only scent you'd wear.
6. Having your ears pierced was considered racy. And having 2 piercings was downright slutty.
7. You got your first clock radio and stayed up late on Sunday listening to American Top 40.
8. You had to do the Presidential Physical Fitness test each year. Do kids still do this?
9. Macramed pot hangers contributed to a stylish decor.
10. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups was a new candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yes to #2,3,4 & 7,8,9. I guess that puts me in the same boat as you.
Even though I didn't say yes to #10, I do remember the commercial where a person carrying an unwrapped chocolate bar turned a corner and bumped into a person carrying an open jar of peanut butter and their food came together in a chocolate/peanut butter combination that was supposedly the inspiration for "Reeses peanut butter cups".
Lori - we must be similar in age. Also, my previous post was themed after things found in my handbag.
You mean PE is now co-ed? We had square dancing in 5th grade PE when the boys and girls came together. Love's Baby Soft - now there's a memory. Did you also use Love's Jasmine something or other? These are hilarious and I'm thinking you must be my age or thereabouts (45).
don't forget rely tampons, rainbow colored suspenders, and pet rocks!
Were Rely the ones that caused Toxic Shock? Never had the rainbow suspenders - not a suspender kind of gal. But I do remember putting pennies in my penny loafers.
Never used Love's Jasmine. My dad had allergies and wouldn't allow me to wear perfume. So, mostly kept it simple.
What was that blush that would be nude color in a tube kind of like a large chapstick and then would go on pink.
Vicky, I turned 44 last weekend.
Post a Comment